Happy New Year!
As we bid farewell to the past and step into the promise of a new year, LaVerne and I extend our heartfelt wishes to each one of you. We hope the coming year will be a tapestry of accomplishments, joy and prosperity. Here’s to a year of growth, camaraderie and shared success!
“What’s the benefit of being in the Club…?”
Sometimes I get asked this, either by a new member (Nadine, BRN #15751) or a long-time member curious about where their membership dollars go. First, I’m very clear that I hope the benefit of belonging to a Club that offers more than 800 pre-planned outdoor events per year, education about “all things Airstream”, friendship and a sense of community should be enough (smile), but did they know we also offer a growing set of discount for our members, each one alone providing enough cash benefit to roughly offset a year of your membership? Check out our Members-Only-Section (login required).
- Airstream Supply Company
- Campers Card (NEW)
- CampScanner (NEW)
- Car Generator (NEW)
- Courtesy Parking
- FCIS Insurance
- Goodyear Tires
- Griot’s Garage
- KOA (NEW)
- Harvest Hosts
- Michelin Tires
- Passport America
- Solo Stove
- TME Travel Insurance
Update from our International Membership Standing Committee
Lots of good progress by one of our volunteer committees aligned with our IBT strategic priorities of providing help and best practices to our Local Clubs. Barb Derian (BRN #10826) presented the following update to the International Board of Trustees in December 2023. Look to hear more either directly from Barb or through your Region leadership.
Three priorities were established for 2024:
Club Leadership Training & Support
- Multi-faceted skills training – real-time and video supported by member volunteers
- Focus on relationship and communication skills
- Membership Chair microsite
- Quarterly Membership Chair calls
- Best practice seminars at Sedalia
One of three NEW “Welcome” and “Thank You” Membership postcards available from the Club Store (coming soon) or email@example.com
New Member Outreach and Retention
- Defining best practice contact framework and continuum
- New postcards available from HQ
- Best practice videos and materials for the website
- Best practice seminars at Sedalia
- Support modification of menus
- Led by a cross-region volunteer group looking into restructuring the main top-level menus and highly-used areas.
Dealer Spotlight: Bay Area Airstream Adventures
A long-time supporter of our Club and our membership initiatives, Bay Area Airstream Adventures (BAAA) recently joined a Region 12 club rally in northern California, providing a full day of Q&A and individualized “DIY” assistance from one of their senior repair technicians. What a great partnership between the local clubs (Greater Bay Area and Sacramento Valley Airstream Clubs). BAAA wanted to see how club members utilized their Airstreams, hear feedback and provide some help with common questions.
And as we all know, the “experience” of being in our Club continues through happy hour, dinner, and socializing, so Tami, their senior “Delivery Specialist,” camped with the Club for the rally duration. What a great partnership model (and she made some incredible smash burgers).
Reminder: Top Priorities and Initiatives for 2023/2026
During our three-day strategic planning meeting last year, our International Board of Trustees adopted five strategic priorities. As the years roll forward, you’ll continue to see the focus of our International Board of Trustees, our Headquarters office, and our investments aligned with these priorities. I’ll keep sharing these, and we hope these will trickle down beyond the Regions and into our Local Clubs.
- Internal Communications
- External Communications
- Welcome and Retain Members
- Training at all Levels
Upcoming International Rallies
- Signups are going strong for our Rally2024 in Sedalia, Missouri. So far, we have just over 1,000 Airstreams registered. Have you never been to an International Rally before or in a while? Consider coming; these events are relaxed and fun-packed, with no large club business meetings. The entire focus of the Rally Planning Team is offering members a memorable and enjoyable experience.
- Note: Check out the rally website (AirstreamClub.org/rally2024) about reserving group bike tours on the Katy Trail and the Missouri Quilt Shop Hop that you may want to incorporate into your trip plans.
- Press Release: Rally2025 in York, PA (August 2025)
- Rally 2026: TBD
- Rally 2027: Due to popular demand, “Back to Rock Springs,” Wyoming (June 2027)
That’s it for now!
Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing you all down the road, and let me know if you have ideas for our Club.
International President / BRN 153 // Amateur Radio callsign AA6EM