I’m incredibly excited to have led our first IBT strategic planning meeting, graciously hosted by Airstream Inc in their new corporate board room overlooking the Airstream factory floor in Jackson Center, OH. This IBT gathering in Jackson Center replaced the traditional “Mid-Winter IBT Rally,” replacing a mixed-focus rally with three solid days of strategic planning with just the IBT.
- Leveraging the feedback from our membership survey to understand better what our members want (and expect) from our Club.
- Identifying partnerships, benefits, and new program opportunities.
- Developing and prioritizing our three-year Club initiatives, followed by identifying the revenue and expenses and how (if) they fit into our next budget. This includes operational expenses, evaluating capital needs, and infrastructure costs (physical, software, deferred maintenance on our Jackson Center HQ office, etc.)
- Determining where we need help or can provide leadership, etc. Especially to help our 100+ Local Clubs and 12 Regions.
Top Priorities and Strategies
- Internal Communications
- External Communications
- Welcome and Retain Members
- Training at all Levels
This set of comprehensive strategies will guide our Club priorities, partnerships, and initiatives for the next few years. As with good Strategic Plans, we will revisit and update in one year’s time (March 2024), again with the full International Board of Trustees.